Monday 26 June 2017

Behind the Shoot for Sand Copenhagen and The Book Magazine

This is an Editorial for The Book Magazine with all clothing by Sand Copenhagen.
I was in Copenhagen for two weeks with my dear friend Lena Lademann (blogger from Hamburg- http://lenalademann.com/) and between the fashion week schedule i thought i would squeeze a fashion shoot in. 

Its so amazing to be away from home and plan a shoot as you have to find new locations where you would want to shoot. When i shoot at home in Cape Town i have "comfort zone locations" like the beach or on the streets but when going to Copenhagen i literally went onto Google Maps and went up and down all the streets and wrote down some street names. After being there for a few days i knew i would prefer to do the shoot inside as it was just way too cold and i would feel bad complaining about the cold in 3 jackets when the models would be in a suit with bare skin. I decided we would do the shoot at the hotel we were staying in as the room was modern with decent furniture.

One hour before the shoot i decided it would be a good idea to walk 2km to get the clothing from the Sand store instead of just going on the train..really a stupid idea. My hands were literally like claws from the cold. So i made my mission back to the hotel carrying all the clothing over my shoulders.

The team arrived and i put some music on and we got everything ready to start the shoot. Of course my external flash was not working, it would work about 30% of the time otherwise it wouldn't fire..the joys of technology.

I am happy with the results of the shoot but wish i picked out some more clothing to choose from as we were quite limited.. i think the 4km walk with claws for hands made me just get 4 outfits for each model and nothing more.

Photos from the shoot are now on my website www.tornevelk.com




No comments :

Post a Comment